Monday, November 14, 2005

Re:Claustrophobia

It wasn't the priest it was the black folks it was all Romero's fault. The black folks left sick in the cellar. No it was the racism. Not the racism, it was the cops. The cops blew that black man's head off when he wasn't even dead. It was the black man they left behind in the farmhouse, at the end, the one that could have been Sidney Poitier in a better film. Remember? They came back for him, and he hed been left with the last zombie. What part of Pennsylvania was that in, is that farm house still there? It was Sidney Poitier, yes I know I spelling it wrong, who I saw and who saw me seeing him, walking by Union Square. Goddamit. I wish I could've had the presence of mind to thank him, to ask him what do they call you back in Philadelphia? So he could yell at me. They call me MR. TIBBS.

No comments: