Monday, March 27, 2006

Iconoclast Bunghole

Because yer bunghole is where yer words come out.
Because ya never told yer mother in law ta fuck off.
And guess what, the stupid bitch is gonna save your ass,
Once again, shitheel, and your gonna owe it to her
Once again, because ya coulda been a lawyer, because
ya coulda been a docter and savin' people lives. But NO

You stupid shit, you decided to make art in America.
If you'd been a lawyer, the fucks would pay attention
Come Thankgiving. They'd stay afraid. They'd stay
Away from you. No Clinton come Turkey time.

In my mind, I am still fifteen years old and
Reagan has his finger on the button. I am
skateboarding down Virginia Beach Boulevard.
The bomb hits and I am rolled away under miles
of sidewalk. Under miles of rancher debris,
law offices, supermarkets, high schools.
Beneath God's allmighty hand erasing. Us all.

I guess I decided what I was to do
the day I learned how to acid-drop
off the loading dock, out back of Food Lion.
Push off hard as you can, twelve feet up,
and as you embrace the void,
trust in your feet
and the vehicle beneath them.

1 comment:

Jay Snodgrass said...

I think we've reached a new level.