Thursday, May 17, 2007

Twitch Blasphemy

My eyes aren’t drooping like the blue tarp after rain,

Rather, the twitch is like a stuttering engine

Preparing to come alive.


By the way, I also am thinking of flying to Poland,

Of dressing up my individuals and renting a bus,

Of then driving it off a cliff into a patch of my own bristly

Euphemism. (Consumer Alert: Conifer Hedge!)


When I search online for “Eye Twitch” it says

It’s caused by a combination of stress and nerve

Damage. It’s ok, though because the pretty girl

In the sidebar ad is looking happily over the rim

Of her prescriptions and I’m sure, so sure

It’s not nerve damage.


But I don’t know what the arborist thinks

When she pins that hem of green cloth

To the ailing ficus,

Be-branch the precipice of hewing.


When I think of flying to Poland, I

Am really thinking of sawing off a limb,

That order is imposed by a long needle in the neck.

Thus my social habits are like unto the

Already taxidermied Mallard:

The allure of some forgotten pond

Coupled with

Dust urchins token of death.


Also online it says Eye twitching is caused by dry eye.

This curious term clarifies to me as an audience

In an unsentimental movie, perhaps a documentary

On duck hunting or Tax reform.


Sure, the fine print on a railroad tie says beware.

I’m not that well read.

Consumer alert!


Everyone in the audience is wearing corrective 3D glasses

And I have to keep my left lid screwed down

The forehead in confusion. Consumer Alert!

These are my fingers. This is my throat.

No comments: