Saturday, April 08, 2006

Nausica Because She Is So Brave Nausica

Because she holds a remarkable power over Jean Luc Piccard.
Because, out of the team, she is Henry's most notable
Imaginary friend. Whom I sit on occasionally, accidentally,
On his futon on the floor. Before sleep, beneath
The windows in his room. When I am here, she

Haunts me as well. Because she got shot & Henry worries
Her wounds. With the bleeding baby Ohm pushing her into the acid
Lake, the most horrible part, he watches it over and over. Which
Always makes me weep, in the office beside him, no matter what.
We sing, together, whenever I am gone,

The joy of the wounded adventurer. Her freedom and her glider;

She, Above, Elevated.

Eternal. Nausica of the Valley of the Winds.

1 comment:

Lisa Thi said...

elevated.
are henry's tattoos still speaking through his body?
i wonder...