Friday, August 25, 2006

Babies Have Nothing To Do With Zombies.













"And thus, though surrounded by circle upon circle of consternations and affrights, did these inscrutable creatures at the centre freely and fearlessly indulge in all peaceful concernments; yea, serenely reveled in dalliance and delight. But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy."

--Herman Melville, Moby Dick

2 comments:

John Murden said...

Reminds me of that old country song, Mommas don;t let your baby's grow up to be zombies.

Seriously, though, I used to think that the Kenny Rogers song was saying, "You've picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, 400 kids and no crops in the field." 400 kids, all hungy and whining -- who'd be the shuffling undead then, eh?

Clay Blancett said...

Funny, that shot kinda reminded me of Coal Miners' Daughter.