Monday, March 24, 2008

Lion Tamer

So many mornings of television they thought I was wasting.


Now is the time when we all need to have paid attention

to the human fly. Practice at scurrying up walls

could help humanity evolve away from the zombie hoard


which of course used to just be gawkers hoping

that dumb sonofabitch would fall.


If we had a set of suction cups ready we could hang

out on the ceiling, watch the late show upside down

just out of reach of the swiping hands.


Or if I had that lion no one would let me have

I could use it to protect me from the zombies. Unless

of course the lion would turn in to a zombie


then it wouldn’t be such a great idea. Or if the lion

decided to eat me because all the other meat was spoiled.


All that television has prepared me for these times, put

my head in the lion’s mouth just as it yawned

on the rooftop and the understanding is her canine


nicked my jugular and blood filled her mouth like from a cup

which is the right and wrong of boredom, for a lion.


I see myself on television waiting for the cure, Dr. Serum

making a cameo from the crowd, his spear point a syringe.






No comments: